Terms And Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or services.
- Its really important that you read and understand these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. They tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other really important information. They also contain things that we have to tell you by law.
- Our website is predominately for consumers but we accept that we do sell garden workshops and garden offices that may be purchased by a business. You are a consumer if:
- You are an individual.
- You are buying products from us wholly or mainly for your personal use (not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession).
- If you are a business customer these terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in this agreement.
Who are we and how can you contact us?
- Who we are. We are Project Timber Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 05126131 and our registered office is at Parry Works, Grassthorpe Road Sutton-on-Trent Newark NG23 6QX. Our registered VAT number is 938453395
- How to contact us. If you want to contact us, we are more than happy to discuss your needs and requirements. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01777 802300 or by writing to us at [email protected]. Or you can write to us at the above address but we would advise that the above methods are far quicker!
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
The Legal Bit
We hate small print and terms and conditions as much as you. However, there are some important things that we need to tell you and are required to tell you about that relate to any order that you place with us. We have tried to make them as clear as possible but if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We do not offer legal advice and it is essential that you seek independent advice or speak to your local planning authority for guidance BEFORE placing the order.
Our contract with you
- Placing an order. You place an order with us by ordering online via our online checkout process, or by placing an order over the telephone. As part of the checkout process, you will be given the opportunity to check your order and correct any errors. Its simple to order online. Simply select your required product, select the optional upgrade options, check the technical specifications for product sizes and materials and when you are happy then proceed to the checkout by pressing “buy now”. You will be prompted with a sidebar to check your options. You’ll be prompted to confirm acceptance of these terms and then move on to payment.
- Payment. All orders must be paid in full before despatch. Payment can be made by using the various methods shown in the checkout process. Payment is taken when we receive your order. On-line and telephone order payments are processed via our SSL (Secure Socket Layer) secure payment system.
- Paying by finance? You do have the ability to use finance to purchase products and services from us. We do not provide finance ourselves but will refer you to a third party finance company if you are looking to fund the cost of your purchase. This is an online application at an external website. Any data provided to the finance company as part of any application is not shared with us. Once you complete their application, the finance company will make the decision on whether you are eligible or not, by their criteria, for a loan provided by them to you. We are not involved in that decision, the criteria used by them or any contract/finance that they offer to you. All queries in relation to finance should be directed to the finance company as we are unable to help. The finance company is then responsible to us for payment of your order. You pay the finance company in accordance to your agreement with them. All other terms and conditions set out apply to your order.
- How we will accept your order. We will send you an order acknowledgement detailing that we have received your order and the products you have ordered. We will confirm acceptance of your order via email at which point a contract will be formed between us. We will send written confirmation of the order via Royal Mail if you so request. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product/we will refund you. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK. Please call and speak to us if you are overseas or not resident in mainland UK.
Our products and looking after them
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images
- The nature of Wood. Wood is a natural material and carries unique characteristics. This results in no two pieces being the same in appearance. Whilst we endeavour to make sure all sections are as equal to one another as possible, it’s inevitable there may be misalignment from time to time. This is normally caused by thermal expansion/contraction and with the panels made in different batches, this cannot be remedied. In action to this, we supply cover strips which take the eye away from cladding that doesn’t match perfectly.
- How the product may change over time. Wood may contain knots and other small details in which are formed throughout the life of the product. These are simply aesthetic and will not affect the structure of the building in any way. These can simply be filled with an expandable filler purchased from a DIY store. You will find that this settles after the first few years as the movement of the material will become less frequent as it adapts to the elements.
- Our designs and the materials we use. We use shiplap design to deter water away from the building and allow for the expansion and contraction of wood. This also helps prevent wooden panels from warping, bowing and splitting. Whilst water should not enter the building we cannot 100% guarantee this within the movement of the material. Therefore it is recommended that guttering is fitted at the stage of assembly to further reduce this.
- Door and window adjustments. Adjustments to doors or windows may be required from time to time. This is simply due to the expansion and contraction of the material during seasons however over time this will settle.
Planning Permission & Building Regulations
- Do I need planning permission? Most of our buildings are designed so that planning permission is not required. However, planning permission is your responsibility and we do not accept liability for a failure by you to obtain the right planning approval for your area if it is required.
- Do I need building regulations approval? Again, most of our buildings are designed so that building regulations approval is not required. However, even though you may not require planning permission, depending upon the use of your building and what you decide to install in it (for example electrical connections), may require you to seek building regulations approval. In particular, almost all electrical work must be undertaken by a suitably qualified electrician who should be consulted if you want to install electrics in your building.
Our Anti Rot Guarantees
Our pressure treated and composite timber buildings come with a 15 year anti-rot guarantee, providing that they comply with our specific guidelines that will ensure your product qualifies. The guarantee doesn’t cover any splits or warping that can occur naturally overtime or any other damage caused to the building that is not due to general rot or decay.
For your building to comply, a dip treated building must be treated within 1 month of delivery to maintain the guarantee and it must be fully treated with an appropriate high quality wood preservative. The wood preservative must also be applied annually where proof of purchase of the annual treatment must be shown.
For our pressure treated buildings, if any of the timber is cut, drilled, or notched during assembly, then it must be sealed with an approved cut-end treatment and treated annually where proof of purchase of the treatment must be shown. With pressure treated timber, it must not have any wood preservative applied to it until the building is fully dry, which would be at least 1 month after rain to prevent trapping any moisture inside the timber, which would also void the guarantee.
For our composite timber buildings, the building must also be treated annually with a suitable high quality wood preservative, which would need to be applied to the composite timber cladding and also any untreated or pressure treated timber parts. The treatment will need to be applied annually and proof of purchase of the annual treatment must be shown.
To ensure that the timber is not exposed to any moisture buildup inside the building, all glazing must be fully sealed, inside and out, with silicone or an appropriate watertight sealant. If our uPVC upgrade has been purchased, then the uPVC units must also be fully sealed with silicone or an appropriate watertight sealant on the inside and out to ensure that the building is fully weatherproof.
Our 15 year anti-rot guarantee will also be voided if any of the following are not adhered to.
- The building must be assembled on a firm and level base made from a suitable material that has adequate drainage to prevent any moisture buildup and pooling of water.
- It must be assembled correctly according to the assembly instructions. Please contact our product support team for any advice or assistance if you are unsure to help prevent any damage to your building.
- It must not be modified or customised in any way as this could affect the integrity of the structure and could cause moisture ingress.
- The building must have had roof felting or a suitable roof covering material applied correctly that is not damaged that could allow any moisture into the building.
- Has not been in contact with an exterior wall or trees that may allow any moisture to penetrate the timber.
- The building must have been installed with 1m of clearance on all sides to allow for annual treatment and to prevent any moisture buildup.
- The person claiming is the original purchaser of the building.
Due to the nature of the timber used in the manufacture of the building, there are characteristics that are not covered by the guarantee as minor defects will occur naturally in the material and are also due to changes in the external environment and won’t affect the integrity of the building.
- Splits in the timber that may occur naturally or due to damage from the assembly.
- Warping of the timber as this will occur naturally over time.
- Chips in the timber from knot holes as these can be repaired easily using non-toxic wood glue.
- Sap residue from timber as this occurs naturally.
- Colouration of the timber, where pressure treated timber will slightly change in color over time.
- Gaps caused by the expansion and contraction of the timber throughout the seasons. In hotter months the timber will contract as its moisture content decreases, which can leave small gaps. When the timber expands in the wetter months any gaps will close back up again.
Any claims on faults upon inspection of the delivery of your building must be reported immediately before completion of the building assembly to allow the replacement of parts or any missing items to be arranged to remedy any issues. The building must also be checked regularly for debris and general maintenance made of the location. Any external changes around the building’s location must be kept within the guidelines as this could cause damage to the building. The minimum clearance must also be kept around the building to remain compliant with the guarantee terms.
- Types of Guarantee. We pride our products and offer two types of Anti-Rot Guarantee. Any product covered with the Anti-Rot Guarantee will display one of the following logos showing the length of guarantee that applies.
- 10 year warranty applies to Standard “dip” treated products
- 15 Year Warranty applies to Pressure Treated Products
- Anti-Rot treatments. Our anti-rot protection processes guard against fungal decay and insect attack. However, wood is a natural product and the guarantee does not cover movement, warping, or splitting of timber products over time.
- Maintaining the validity of your guarantee. To ensure that your guarantee remains valid, you must:
- The product build instructions which are supplied with each building should be adhered to comply with the conditions of the guarantee;
- If any part of pre-treated timber is cut, notched, or drilled then an approved cut-end treatment should be applied to comply with the conditions of the guarantee;
- A suitable timber treatment should be applied to dip treated products at the time of the first build and then applied every 12 months to maintain the appearance of the timber and to comply with the conditions of the guarantee.
- Pressure treated products are treated at our facility prior to delivery so do not require treating, however, should you choose to treat you can. The application and/or mixing guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the timber treatment should be followed.
- Actions by you that would mean your guarantee is invalid. The guarantee is invalid if:
- If the building has been customised or modified in any way this includes but is not limited to electrical adaptations, the fixing of personal items or furniture to the inside of the building or any exterior adaptations;
- The person claiming is not the original purchaser of the building;
- The building has not been treated annually or as per the treatment manufacturers instructions;
- The building has not been erected on a suitable sized flat, solid level concrete/slab base or placed on pressure treated bearers and it is found to be water/moisture is rising from the base;
- The building has not been erected, fitted, or installed correctly;
- In cases of general wear and tear, misuse, or by third party damage;
- The building is or has been placed within 2 feet (1m) of any obstruction (walls, tress, fences etc) which can allow moisture to penetrate the timber.
- Any material that is OSB (Oriented strand board) This must be protected from the weather as is not a waterproof material;
- What is not covered under the anti-rot guarantees. The following items are not covered under your guarantee:
- Warping cracking or splitting is not covered. Warping/ cracking or splitting of timber can occur with the product being a natural material.
- Mineral Felt roofing is the standard option we provide on all of our buildings. In time the felt will deteriorate and need replacing. This can be caused by but is not limited to, weather conditions, movement in the building, and animal damage. We recommend our Rubber Roof product for lifelong roof cover protection.
- Felt tiles are a great addition to your building. They increase the aesthetic look of the building. However adverse weather conditions can cause the tiles to loosen/come out of place.
- The pressure treatment process offered by us is long-life protection against rot and decay and is not a weatherproof system. Your garden building will require protection from UV light and water penetration, therefore a further preservative treatment is required. We do recommend that a weatherproof coating is applied as soon as possible but no later than 12 weeks after installation and then at regular intervals to increase the life of the building. Please follow the manufacturer’s recommendations as to when to apply the product.
Our Assembly service
- Can I pay you to assemble the product for me? Yes, we are now offering an installation service on selected products which includes our knowledgeable installation team delivering, unpacking and assembling the product ensuring that it is fitted correctly and safely. The team will also remove any packaging from your garden after assembly so you can sit back and let us do the hard work!
- Where do you offer this services? We are currently only able to offer the service to limited postcodes – The postcodes for Assembly are AL, B, BB, BD, BL, BR, CB, CH, CM, CO, CR, CV, CW, DA, DE, DH, DL, DN, DY, E, EN, GU, HA, HD, HG, HR, HP, HU, HX, IG, IP, KT, L, LE, LN, LU, M, ME, MK, N, NE, NG, NN, NR, NW, OL, OX, PE, PR, RG, RH, RM, S, SG, SK, SL, SM, SN, SR, SS, ST, SW, TF, TS, TW, UB, W, WA, WD, WF, WN, WR, WS and YO. If you are outside the above postcodes we may be able to assemble at an extra charge.
- Do I need to do anything before you assemble? A level concrete or paved base suitable for the size of the building must be laid ready prior to assembly. (Photographs may be required of the base and a basic diagram of the garden). If on arrival the base is not suitable and the installation is failed, the customer will become liable for the installation service fee which will be 50% of your installation value. The product can be left on site and the customer will be given the option of either assembling the building themselves or a return visit can be arranged subject to payment of an additional installation service however in this instance only 50% of the installation value will be refunded.
- Access to the assembly location. It is your responsibility to provide free and unobstructed access for product delivery and entry to the fitting site. We recommend that panel sizes are checked to allow access through archways and doors. There may be an additional charge if the building is to be assembled a large distance from where it has been delivered.
- What’s not included. The installation service does not include the fitting of any optional extras or other products bought at the time or after the order. It is advised that you are present at the time of fitting but not essential, however, we would require written permission to deliver and install in your absence along with detailed instructions of fitting requirements. Please be aware that you will be responsible for disposing of any leftover felt, off cuts of wood etc.
- Once its assembled. Upon delivery and completed installation, our team are instructed to take photos as proof of delivery/ installation. These images are used for our reference and form part of the delivery/installation process. Our team will be required to use personal camera equipment to take these images. Any taken images will be kept for our use and on occasion, we may request use of your images as promotional material for our website. No personal details will be used in this instance.
- What is I need to reschedule the assembly? If you need to reschedule your assembly date, please let us know at your earliest convenience by contacting the logistics team on 01777 802300 or [email protected] Please note we require a minimum of 14 days notice to reschedule otherwise you may be charged 50% of the installation fee.
Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
Our rights to make changes
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may need to make the changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- Types of Delivery. Below are various types delivery we offer with details although we strongly recommend that you do not arrange any third party ancillary services (e.g. installation) until goods are delivered and checked:
||Delivery will be as specified at the point of checkout or an estimate provided. Typically this is 5-10 working days but for some products, there may be extended delivery times and we will inform you of this at the point of order.
Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays and orders received after 1pm on weekdays, will be processed the next working day. We do not normally deliver on Saturdays, but where we can and we agree to an additional charge will be levied. We do not deliver at all on Sundays or public holidays. In all cases our delivery service is a one man delivery with a kerbside delivery only. If you have any special requirements or believe access to your address may be difficult for our delivery driver then please contact us on 01777 802300 or at [email protected] Delivery times are between 6am and 7pm, we are unable to specify a time for delivery.
|Next working Day Deliveries
||Where any next working day delivery is offered in the product pages, orders must be placed by 12 noon to be processed in time for a next day delivery. (Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays and after 12 noon will be processed on the next working day).
Next day deliveries cannot be guaranteed. Where we fail to meet our next day delivery obligation and the goods are subsequently delivered on another day we will refund the next day delivery charge to you so long as the error was on our part or that of our nominated carriers. We cannot refund the fee if the error was due to incorrect information being supplied at the time of order for this service which subsequently causes failure of the next day delivery.
|Designated Day Deliveries
||We may be able to arrange delivery on a specific date of your choice, in which case an additional charge will apply. Please contact 01777 802300 for specialist advice. If a designated day delivery is not met we will refund the charge, however, we will not be held liable for compensation where a date cannot be met.
||We may be able to arrange delivery on a Saturday of your choice, in which case an additional charge will apply. Please contact 01777 802300 for specialist advice. If a Saturday delivery is not met we will refund the charge, however, we will not be held liable for compensation if the delivery is not met.
- Delivery Estimates. Any times or dates stated on our website or emails regarding delivery are estimates only and may be increased to some postcodes. We endeavour to deliver all goods within 30 days, but we do not accept liability whatsoever for any failure to deliver within that time and offer no compensation for failure to deliver within any given time scale. If we are unable to deliver within this time scale then we will only proceed with your order if you agree to the longer delivery period following our contact with you or you do not contact us to confirm otherwise. We are unable to notify you of specific delivery time slots.
- Problems with a delivery? Whilst we agree to use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that delivery is made around the delivery lead time advertised, you acknowledge that actual delivery is often via third party suppliers and carriers and can therefore be beyond our reasonable control. Incorrect personal details may also lead to problems or delays in delivery, so before placing your order, please ensure that you have included the full delivery address details, including an accurate postcode of the delivery address and your daytime contact telephone number(s) and an up to date e-mail address so that we can notify you in the event of a delivery problem. If you are not going to be in to accept delivery and you wish the goods to be left please notify us before delivery in writing ( post, email or fax ) or leave a signed note on your door to this effect.
- Is delivery to your home or the delivery address difficult or restricted? Our delivery service is kerb side only. If you have any special requirements or if access is difficult, please contact 01777 802300. If access for delivery is restricted please ensure that you inform us when placing your order or in all circumstances prior to despatch of the goods. Failure to do so will result in the delivery being treated as a failed delivery if access is unavailable and may result in a re-delivery charge being applied.
- What if I miss the delivery? If you miss the delivery of your order, you may incur a re-delivery charge as we have met our original delivery obligation with our first attempted delivery. All delivery times quoted on the product pages and on our web site are estimated delivery times only and cannot be guaranteed. Re delivery charges are variable and will be calculated taking into account geographical location and product/service ordered. You will be contacted by our Care team to inform you should any re-delivery charges be incurred. If You are unable to accept the delivery date given please contact the logistics team on 01777 802300 or [email protected] Please note we require a minimum of 7 working days to reschedule your delivery otherwise delivery charges may be incurred.
- If you refuse the delivery. If a delivery is refused at the delivery address and re-requested for another date, we may charge for the second delivery. If you refuse to accept an item that is being delivered for any reason you must notify us immediately with the reason for [email protected] We will not be held responsible for loss of earnings due to failed or delayed delivery.
- Delivery Surcharge Fees. The prices stated on this website include the cost of carriage to most UK postcode districts. However, we incur additional costs for delivery of certain products to some postcodes, these being remote areas. If we do incur additional costs we reserve the right to levy the additional charge and increase our lead times, which would also be necessary as specialist hauliers may need to be engaged. If you have placed your order on line and an additional delivery surcharge is required, your order will be placed on hold and we will contact you to notify you of the additional charge. You can then choose to continue with your order by paying the additional delivery charge or you may cancel your order at that point. We are unable to deliver some of our products to certain postcodes.
- Order tracking. You can track your order at any time during the order process. To track your order contact our logistics team by emailing us at [email protected] or telephoning us on 01777 802300 quoting your order reference number.
- Receiving Your Delivery. Please note that we operate a policy of kerbside delivery only. We cannot take the building to the required location. Delivery will be deemed as successfully made once the product has arrived at the address specified so long as the product has been signed for or a signed note by the buyer has been left to say that the goods can be left unsigned for. Where goods are required to be signed for, these must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or more. Whilst we make every effort to handle the buildings ourselves, we may on occasion need to ask for assistance. If this will be required you, will be notified before delivery.
- Products delivered damaged. Products are your responsibility once they have been received by you, your agent or the intended recipient or a signed note has been left indicating that delivery can be left unattended. We may not accept claims for damaged goods if the courier has obtained a clean signature for delivery. Photographic images are taken when loading the vehicle and again when delivering to your address. Placing an order means acceptance of these terms and conditions and authorisation for our delivery teams to take photographic evidence of delivery. These images are used for internal use only unless specified in which case we will contact you for approval. If more than 48 hours after delivery have passed please telephone us on 01777 802300 or email [email protected] If there is cause for concern or any other problems identified, such as damaged parts, on or after delivery, do not attempt assembly. Please telephone our care team on 01777 802300 and ask for further advice.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
Phone or email
Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing, when you decide to end the contract and whether you are a consumer or business customer:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 15 if you are a consumer and clause 16 if you are a business;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 2;
- If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions [and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods];
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer exercising your right to change your mind), see clause 6.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a consumer then for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When consumers do not have a right to change their minds. Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- Products which you have begun to assemble;
- Products you have modified/cut/drilled/changed; and
- any Products which an ancillary service has been begun to be performed (for example, holes cut for electrical installation).
- How long do consumers have to change their minds? If you are a consumer how long you have to change your mind depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- Have you bought services (for example, assembly services)? If so, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us in full for the services provided.
- Have you bought goods?, if so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind (see clause 1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
How DO I END THE CONTRACT (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing the following:
. Call customer services on 01777 802300
or email [email protected]
Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, arrange a courier or allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 01777 802300 or email [email protected] to arrange collection. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. Please contact us for the costs of return as these will vary from customer to customer based on your location, the size and specification of the product and, based on that information, the type of transport that it will need to be returned in/on.
- How we will refund you. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 2.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind and we always try to refund amounts to you much quicker if at all possible.
How to tell us about problems
Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 3 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery address;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services; or
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
I’VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY PRODUCT
. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 01777 802300
or email [email protected]
Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a consumer
- If you are a consumer we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
|Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example a shed or garden building, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 11.3.
If your product is services, for example assembly, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
b) If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
c) If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also clause 11.2.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them or allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of courier or collection. Please call customer services on 01777 802300 or email [email protected]
Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a business
- If you are a business customer we warrant that on delivery any products which are goods shall:
- Conform in all material respects with their description;
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
- Subject to clause 3, if:
- you give us notice in writing within a reasonable time of discovery that a product does not comply with the warranty set out in clause 1;
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such product; and
- you return such product to us at our cost,
we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective product, or refund the price of the defective product in full.
- We will not be liable for a product’s failure to comply with the warranty in clause 1 if:
- you make any further use of such product after giving a notice in accordance with clause 2(a);
- the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the product or (if there are none) good trade practice;
- you alter or repair the product without our written consent; or
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal working conditions.
- Except as provided in this clause 16, we shall have no liability to you in respect of a product’s failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 1.
- These terms shall apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us under clause 2.
Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- Our right of set-off if you are a business customer. If you are a business customer you must pay all amounts due to us under these terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law).
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a consumer
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 1; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
- We are not liable for business losses. If you are a consumer we only supply the products for to you for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose our liability to you will be limited as set out in clause 19.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a business
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
- Except to the extent expressly stated in clause 1 all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- Subject to clause 1:
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
- our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to 100% per cent (one hundred percent) of the total sums paid by you for products under such contract.
How we may use your personal information
Other important terms – WE ARE NEARLY DONE!
- You are not permitted to transfer our guarantee to any one transfer. You may not transfer our guarantee to anyone else. We informed you in these terms about how to look after the products. Unfortunately, any person you transfer this to will not have had this information and/or will not know if you have abided by the terms of the guarantee and maintaining your product in the correct way.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.