Having a healthy, beautiful garden to enjoy can transform the feeling of your home and make it more appealing to sell if you are in that position. It is important to maintain your garden so that it does not become overgrown. Here are some of our top tips for looking after your garden.
- Keep it trimmed – Make sure you keep your garden well trimmed. This includes pruning your plants which will encourage them to grow, Deadheading flowers to avoid over growth to keep them well contained, and also cutting hedges back, this will encourage them to grow healthy and also keep your garden looking smart.
- Remove dead plants and leaves – Rack up any dead plants or fallen leaves from your garden. This can encourage mould and fungi to spread which could kill your plants / flowers, it also stops your garden from looking messy and dull.
- Watering! – Make sure you keep your garden hydrated! Whether you have a sprinkler or use a watering can, you need to ensure your plants, lawn, flowers and trees are watered so that they do not die, especially in the summer months.
- Weeding – Weeds use the resources that your plants need and can kill your garden quickly. They can also harbor pests and diseases, so it’s critical that you avoid having weeds in your garden, make sure you remove any that you spot!
- Fertilize plants as necessary for the specific plant variety, but avoid fertilizing when plants are undergoing drought or other stress. Fertilizing the plants will encourage healthy growth.
Follow these steps and you will have a beautiful, healthy green garden to enjoy!